What is knocking me out?
Within about twenty to thirty minutes of taking my night time tablets, I’m done! My body is not responding, it’s not my own! My jaw feels like it is becoming fixed, my brain is dull and fading, and I’m losing control.
Getting in bed is a priority after taking my tablets because otherwise, I’m spending the night stuck in my chair!
I don’t sleep as I should, or as I wished I did. I go between dramatic moments of nothing and awake. There is no in-between. At the moment I’m slowly coming off Lorazepam, and although the second month has been a lot better than the first, it is giving me problems in my sleeping pattern. Rather than this dramatic state of being dead, or wide awake, I now seem to drift between the two with no reference of sleep and awake. This leaves me feeling like I’m always trying to get to sleep! The nights are long! Very long! I wake around the same time of 4 am.
I’ve done another article about my sleep.
However, I would like to know what you think. Please?
This is my medication list:
- Aspirin 75mg 1 daily Heart
- Atorvastatin 80mg 1 daily Heart
- Bisoprolol 5mg 1 daily Beta-Blocker Heart.
- Candesartan 16mg 1 daily Heart
- Bendroflumethiazide 2.5mg I daily Diuretic Heart
- Glyceryl Trinitrate 500micrograms when required Heart
- Betahistine 16mg 1 – 3 times daily Meniere’s
- Cinnarizine 15mg 2- 3 times daily Meniere’s
- Lamotrigine 150mg 1 twice daily Anti Epileptic.
- 10.Levetiracetam 1.5g 1 twice daily Anti Epileptic
- Pregabalin 100mg 1 twice daily Nerve Pain. Anxiety & Epilepsy
- 12.Mirtazapine 45mg I daily at night Antidepressant
- 13.Lorazepam 1mg 1 twice daily Benzodiazepine. Anxiety
- 14.Risperidone 0.5mg 1 daily at night Antipsychotic
- 15.Venlafaxine 75mg I daily Antidepressant SNRIs
- 16.Omeprazole 20mg 1 daily Acid Reduction in stomach
- Salbutamol 100micrograms every 4 hours Asthma
- 18.Salmeterol 50micrograms 1 twice daily Asthma
- 19.Cleaning module 100micrograms 2 twice daily Asthma
- 20.Senna 7.5g 1 daily at night Laxative
- 21.Ispaghula husk 3.5g 1 twice daily Laxative
- 22.Simple Trident T2 Sterile Leg Bag 500ml replace every day
- 23.Clear Advantage Sheath replace every day
- 24.Micro Enema 5ml every other day
- 25.X Donepezil 10mg 1 daily at night Dementia
- 26.X Citalipram 40mg 1 daily at night SSRI Anti Depressant
- 27.X Gabapentin 300mg 1 – 3 times daily Nerve Pain & Epilepsy
- 28.X Oramorph 10mg/5ml when required Severe Pain
- 29.X Zomorph 40mg 1 twice daily Severe Pain
The bottom 5 are what I have managed to come off over the last two years.
Lorazepam is what I’m reducing over the next four months.
What do you think is knocking me out?
Please comment on anything I have said. Thank You!
Categories:Dementia Related Post